× Members

ESA support group

More
5 years 3 months ago #224182 by Charlie11
ESA support group was created by Charlie11
Hello, I have been in receipt of ESA for a considerable number of years and previous to this I was in receipt of Incapacity Benefit. I suffer from ME and have done for the past 20 years. I have suffered from depression for the majority of this period. I am also in receipt of PIP (daily living component) high rate. In January 2018 I was diagnosed with breast cancer and required surgery, 19 sessions of radiotherapy and I am now on hormone tablets and will be for the next 9 years.

As I was in the WRAG group, my work coach contacted me on a fairly regular basis by telephone and when I spoke with her after my diagnosis, she recommended that I contact ESA as she was under the impression that I would automatically be put into the Support Group however when I contacted ESA, I was advised that this wasn't the case and that I would need to complete an ESA50 form. Due to my health/mental health at that time, I decided not to go ahead with this however around May a form was issued to me for completion.

Within a short period of time I received a letter advising that I was being put into the Support group from 19.07.18 until 28.11.18 however as yet I am still receiving ESA support group amount and have not been contacted by ESA. For info, prior to my diagnosis I had been advised that I was due for review around the end of 2018.

What should I do in this situation, should I contact ESA or leave it until they contact me?

Any advice/assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224188 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA support group
Charlie

You can be placed in the Support Group if you meet the following

(b) You are receiving treatment for cancer by way of chemotherapy or radiotherapy;
r you are likely to receive such treatment within 6 months; or you are recovering from such treatment; and the decision maker is satisfied that you should be treated as having limited capability for work-related activity.

It is possible that the DWP contacted your GP directly to confirm that you had the radiotherapy.

I would contact the DWP for an update as they should have been paying you based on your post.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224191 by Charlie11
Replied by Charlie11 on topic ESA support group
Thanks for your response however just to advise you that i have been receiving the support group payments since 19th July 2018 .My query is that i am still receiving the support group payment despite it detailing on the award letter that it should have finished on the 28th of November .Do you think i should contact esa

More
5 years 3 months ago #224194 by Gordon

Charlie wrote: Thanks for your response however just to advise you that i have been receiving the support group payments since 19th July 2018 .My query is that i am still receiving the support group payment despite it detailing on the award letter that it should have finished on the 28th of November .Do you think i should contact esa

I'm sorry I misread your post, the date in November is an administrative date connected to the payment of the Christmas bonus, your current award will remain in payment until a new Decision is made on your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224195 by Gordon

Charlie wrote: Thanks for your response however just to advise you that i have been receiving the support group payments since 19th July 2018 .My query is that i am still receiving the support group payment despite it detailing on the award letter that it should have finished on the 28th of November .Do you think i should contact esa

I'm sorry I misread your post, the date in November is an administrative date connected to the payment of the Christmas bonus, your current award will remain in payment until a new Decision is made on your claim.

Gordon

More
5 years 3 months ago #224198 by Charlie11
Replied by Charlie11 on topic ESA support group
Thank you very much for your help

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.