× Members

ESA contribution based and income related help!

More
5 years 4 months ago #224414 by K123
Hello,

I’m really confused and would appreciate some help please.

I received a big form - ESA3(IBR) - and was utterly confused by it. I didn’t get it filled in during the allotted time as I was too ill and now I’ve been sent a letter to chase it up.

Firstly, I seem to be on contribution based ESA after I was moved over from Incapacity Benefit, yet I’ve never paid NI contributions because I became ill in my mid teens and have never been able to work. Is this right?

Secondly, it’s saying I could be entitled to income related ESA but is this in addition to the contribution based or is it to replace it? The form is asking me to look back at all my finances etc since I was first granted it and asks you to write how much specifically you have of savings etc but only has one box! Does that mean you write the total you have as of the day you fill it in or at what point in time because it varies month to month and they’re asking me to answer over an overall time period of years! I just don’t get it!

I read on this site’s FAQ that if you receive carers allowance (my mum does) then it’s one of the things that means you don’t qualify for any premiums, but surely the DWP already know they’re paying my mum that and therefore why would they still send the form?!

I’m in the support group of ESA and live with my parents as I’m too unwell to look after myself. I also receive PIP.

I’d really appreciate some help, thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #224422 by Gordon
K

The following explains why the ESA3 has been sent.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=topic&catid=10&id=125222

If you are eligible then this would be a payment in addition to your current ESA.

Your mother claiming Carers Allowance for you won't stop you being eligible for the additional ESA but it will mean that you are not eligible for the Severe Disability Premium, about £64/week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Gordon.

More
5 years 4 months ago #224444 by K123
Thanks, Gordon.

The link is to posts about a strange esa payment - is that the link you meant to type?

Please could you point me in the direction of any advice about filling in this form and how to fill in the section about income and savings in particular?

Thanks!

More
5 years 4 months ago #224467 by Gordon
K

Sorry, I've updated the link.

We don't publish advice on completing this form as it is asking your specific circumstances but if you have any questions on what is being asked then post in the forum and I will try to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris