× Members

PIP review AR1 time frames

More
5 years 3 months ago #224448 by zaib
PIP review AR1 time frames was created by zaib
Hello. Yesterday posted a completed AR1 PIP renewal form saying more care needed for both components it is well supported with fresh medical evidence of many existing health conditions And a new from Cancer since last year. I requested waiver of f2f to be spared of distress I experience.
However if DWP decide f2f is to be how can I make sure I dont miss it if say in the next 4 to 6 weeks I may have to travel abroad urgently for a short 2 or 3 weeks to visit my mother I came to know she is very ill..
Can I call them to ask If they decide f2f how soon I will know ? Can I request for text message along with letter. So that I dont miss letter if I am abroad ? Can I have any say for an appointment date of my preference within next 4 to 6 weeks so that I can plan ahead with somewhat certainty if I need to travel in that period to visit my ill elderly mother. Please advise .Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224470 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review AR1 time frames
Zaib

It's not the DWP that book the appointments but the Assessment Provider for your postcode, you can contact them to try and arrange a suitable time, it's very unlikely that they will allow you to defer it until your return.

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Capita
www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

IAS (formerly ATOS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/contact-us/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: zaib

More
5 years 2 months ago #224713 by Destiny
Replied by Destiny on topic PIP review AR1 time frames
It would be best to contact them to arrange a suitable time.

Csn I just check, was it only and AR1 form you were asked to complete?

I contacted the DWP re chsnge of circumstances and requiring more support due to a deterioration (was awarded the standard for care 2 years ago for a period of 5 years) in my health and was sent a "how your disabilities affect you" form. The full form like when I initially apllied which I returned with new evidence/reports/new diagnosis. I have a f2f at the end of the month.

I'm now concerned it's the wrong process as have been informed it shpuld be a review of award/AR1 and not the HYDAY form. Could somebody please shed some light.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230820 by zaib
Replied by zaib on topic PIP review AR1 time frames
After sending my AR! in Jan I developed a new medical condition in February . I have been home bound/bed ridden for over three months with severe pain in pelvic region. I do not go out except on many hospital /GP appointments now need wheelchair to mobilise. A consultant letter giving diagnosis and treatment plan was forwarded to DWP end April with a letter adding that unfortunaly it is new long term condition of neurological nature it affects my mobility significantly.
IAS letter received in first week of May informed they have sent a questionnaire and will see if they can assess on paper My GP recieved it said to me will reply but they are busy for a few days. Suddenly I received IAS notice of home visit early next week . I wonder are they predetermined as it is not realistic to receive a reply from GP within a week of writing to them .We have a bed and bath on ground floor and another bed and bath kichen and living room on first floor the stair is good design easy to climb 5 steps then a platform then U and 7. I live with my husband and my son who help me with every thing . It is difficult for me to climb up but they both can support me go up even in my light weight wheelchair. down stairs is easier can make it slowly with my husband always supporting .
I cannot sit for long because of pelvic pain . But rather than the HP coming in bed room I would prefer to be resting on the sofa in the living room which on the first floor .
However I am worried because of the stairs being there the HP will not be satisfied about my new real mobility issues even if I could go upstairs with great difficulty .
I had only 4 mobility points in original award.in 2016 because of arthritis in back and legs. could somebody please shed some light

More
4 years 10 months ago #230844 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review AR1 time frames
zaib

PIP does not consider the claimant using stairs although some assumptions might be made about the claimants walking if they did not have problems using the stairs, however, this does not seem to be the case for you so I would not worry.

Gordonr

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: zaib

More
4 years 10 months ago #230905 by zaib
Replied by zaib on topic PIP review AR1 time frames
Thank you so much, Gordon.
GP may take a few more days to reply to IAS questionnair but I hope in due course they would do it adequately.
I wonder if it would be of any benefit to me if done after IAS HP assessment is completed .
GP report may not be accepted after IAS Hp assessment or would it still carry some weight at any stage? Please advise .
Regards

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.