× Members

PIP review AR1 time frames

More
4 years 9 months ago #234666 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP review AR1 time frames
Hi Zaib

Just because the assessor wrote it, you don't have to agree with it. If you never fully straightened your elbow just say so. Describe the difficulties you have and back up what you're saying with any medical evidence and experiences you have. You can spend hours trying to pick the report apart wondering why the assessor said things that don't make sense or what exactly they meant. It's a waste of your time. What you're trying to do is show where you should have scored more points and why. If an aid wouldn't be helpful - you have to say why (lack of manual dexterity, grip strength, damaged muscles etc)

Just say although the assessor says they observed you bending your elbow fully and has stated you have full movement, this is actually incorrect. (And then go on to say why).

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: zaib

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #235162 by zaib
Replied by zaib on topic PIP review AR1 time frames
somebody suggested I should be brief for them to concentrate on few main points to reconsider and then give further explainations at appeal once you know their reply but if I do not present my case with all reasons explained at full length and further medical evidence provided to support then in the appeal I may be asked why you did not avail this opportunity at MR stage ?
Kind regards
zaib

More
4 years 9 months ago #235163 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP review AR1 time frames
Hi Zaib

Different people take different approaches. Some people keep it brief and very concise and others do detailed but concise and you just have to do what works for you. My focus would always be on what will possibly give me more points. For example - if the assessor wrote that I didn't appear depressed when I was deeply depressed, I'd probably be annoyed and think they were possibly ignorant, but at the end of the day it's an opinion and it wouldn't gain me any more points if the comment was changed. I might mention it in one sentence but that would be it. However, if they said I had no problem with manual dexterity and therefore could easily prepare a simple meal, despite my severe arthritis I would not only quote what I had already written in my evidence, I would give them a further example and I would quote from the medical evidence.

As I said, you have to do what works for you. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee of success, but if you are the sort of person who will sit and worry after you have sent your evidence in wishing you had said something, you should say it now. You can deal with an appeal if and when it happens.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.