× Members

Pip appeal for daughter

More
5 years 3 months ago #224513 by sandy34
Pip appeal for daughter was created by sandy34
Good evening
Please could somone guide me.my daugjters pip was looked at again under the recall cases on Rj and mh vs sswp. They tried to say that there was no evidence of and physiological distress or an award for planning a journey.
She has been on dla since she was 7 and suffers from ehlers danlos syndrome ,scoliosis, complex regional pain syndrome.
We have all support of gp ,ot,physio and the pointed out she wasnt entited for enhaced mobility as in the gp letter the gp stares she needs help and falls frequently but doesnt how frequent. I have taken this too appeal as i totally disagree as frequent means to me quite a lot and needs someone with her as when she falls or dislocates a joint she always needs supervision

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224528 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip appeal for daughter
S

The Going Out activity looks at three things, you cannot score points for a physical disablement.

Planning a route - this is primarily a cognitive or sensory (e.g. blindness) activity. She is being asked about the problems she would have with working out how to get from one place to another, she does not need to be able to follow the route that she is planning.

Undertaking a Journey - this is to do with mental health issues such as agoraphobia and social anxiety and is concerned with her leaving the house to go somewhere, they will be interested in the things that stop her doing this. You need to show that she would suffer "overwhelming psychological distress" to meet the criteria.

Following a route - This activity about the problems she would have navigating a route. So are there problems; cognitive, sensory or mental health issues that would prevent you from doing this? This is different from undertaking a journey, in fact, if she cannot undertake a journey then you will not score points for following a route and vice versa.

The review was in regard to Descriptors (c) Planning a route and (d) and (f); following one.

Descriptors (b) and (e) were not affected by the change in the law and may not have been included in the review.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.