× Members

Pip review due in 2019 what to expect

More
5 years 3 months ago #224719 by Black Dahlia
Pip review due in 2019 what to expect was created by Black Dahlia
I woke up this morning with an impending sense of doom. I believe this is my Pip review year. I am 63 and my Pip runs until 2021 when I will be a a month off my 66 birthday and state pension age.
Can you please tell me what to expect?
I have a diagnosis of fibromyalgia and borderline personality disorder. I suffer with extreme anxiety and depression. The process of transfer from DLA (lifetime award) to Pip with loss of mobility component , the MR and finally the tribunal which restored my higher rate care component but no mobility shook me to the core and made me £280 per month worse off. My health deteriorated rapidly following all the stress and I got much worse levels of exhaustion dizziness and depression trying to cope with everything and being much poorer. Now I am feeling even more terrified in anticipation. I will let my doctor and psychiatrist know, I am also having to deal with marital problems and my husbands early dementia. I am starting to feel overwhelmed already.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224727 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip review due in 2019 what to expect
BD

If your award runs to 2021 then I would not expect your claim to be reassessed until 2020.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Dahlia

More
5 years 1 month ago #227825 by kyberpast
Replied by kyberpast on topic Pip review due in 2019 what to expect
My husband has a PIP review coming up shortly after 3 years on PIP. (many years on DLA before that. ) He is 64 and 9 months old. Nothing has changed (paranoid schizophrenia) in that he needs a lot of help. With no new evidence, he only has an up to date letter from the psychiatrist, the only health service person he deals with. I can't think of anything new to bring to his face to face interview, Should we just tell Capita that? Last time he won on appeal, the process was damaging to his mental health.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227838 by Gordon
kyberpast

Would the Psychiatrist be willing to be contacted by Capita or to write a letter to them?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228000 by kyberpast
Replied by kyberpast on topic Pip review due in 2019 what to expect
Hi Gordon

The psychiatrist would write another letter, he wrote one to go with the review form which we sent off mid November, and have just heard back about face to face review. CAB say that face to face review interviews seem to be the norm.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228003 by Gordon
kyberpast

I'm sorry but I am confused, your original post talked about a "PIP review coming up shortly" and your latest one indicates that one is not only in progress but is well advanced.

The Psychiatrist's letter that you sent with his form was obviously insufficient to prevent a face to face being booked, realistically is there anything else that they might say that would allow a Paper Based Review?

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.