× Members

2nd Capita assessment

More
5 years 3 months ago #224723 by Sylvia
2nd Capita assessment was created by Sylvia
I had a pip assessment on Christmas Eve by Capita. The assessor was here for over 2 hours and seemed to be thorough. She was very nice and I felt the assessment went well. I have just had a phone call from Capita saying they want a second assessment and we're going to send someone tomorrow. I told them tomorrow is unsuitable so they are now coming on Monday. This has left me feeling very anxious. All they would say is that they needed further information as the last assessment was incomplete. I'm confused. I feel that they want to trip me up even though I was completely truthful about my conditions in the last assessment. Had anyone else had a second assessment and how did it go?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224729 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 2nd Capita assessment
Sylvia

We are seeing an increasing number of these, my best guess is that the original assessor either failed to submit the report or they have actually left Capita.

The assessment will be from scratch.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224746 by Sylvia
Replied by Sylvia on topic 2nd Capita assessment
I rang them back and all they would tell me was that the report was incomplete. I asked for a copy of the report and she said I could get a copy when it is complete. I asked if it would be a new assessment but she was unable to answer. Thing is I thought the last assessor was sympathetic to my condition and I hate the thought of answering all the questions again

More
5 years 3 months ago #224760 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 2nd Capita assessment
Sylvia

You can make a complaint

Capita Complaints
www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/complaints.html

I'm afraid you have no choice but to be available for the new assessment, your claim cannot progress until the DWP receive a report.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #224763 by yeovil2003
Replied by yeovil2003 on topic 2nd Capita assessment
I have had the same I went for assessment it was almost completed when it was stopped. the reason given the nurse shouldn't have done it should have been a physio. I was told would need to come back for further assessment. I put a complaint in and asked as the assessment was almost. over couldn't the report go in but apparently they delete any notes so unfortunately you have to have a new assessment. tbey were apologetic but say you have to have another assessment. it doesn't help and they don't seem to realise the stress it causes

More
5 years 3 months ago #224771 by ela67
Replied by ela67 on topic 2nd Capita assessment
I'm afraid I had to take my 16 year old twice for his assessment as the first assessor didn't file the report. Initial interview was 2 hours 15 mins then second one was 1hr 30min. I was told by 2nd assessor she would use the first report but she failed to do this (she told me she had it up on the screen as she was typing). As a result, I omitted some things as I had already covered them in previous interview so thought they would be referred to in his new report. I'd say that you want to make sure you mention all the relevant information and don't assume it's been covered or will be referred to just because you mentioned it at previous assessment. Both my assessments roughly followed the same format and the assessors were generally similar in manner, approach etc.

I was too worried at the time to complain but I did contact my MP .

Sorry you are having to go through it again and I hope you get the help you're entitled to.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris