× Members

pip home assessment

More
5 years 3 months ago #224779 by vivritchie
pip home assessment was created by vivritchie
im looking for some claification or if anyone knows the reason why i might be having 2 assessments for pip. I had a home visit in december and they are coming back again in febuary. i am in total meltdown mode and if the first one is anything to go by im dreading the next one. I was so stressed and anxious i could barely control myself but did manage to answer all the questions they asked. I was unable to do the phsyical part as i was in excruating pain that day and explained this to the assessor although she would have seen this by the length of time it took me to open the door. and been able to see how much pain i was in. When i answered the phone (which i dont normally do but was expecting a call back from my doctor)i was caught totally off guard and just wanted of the phone. I was told it was to do a more roboust assessment and that if i didnt attend they would refuse my claim. I asked for home assessment as in my original assessment and they have accomodated this but because i have done this and not went into the centre i would not be able to cancel as the time difference between centre appoitment and home visit was 10days. i just dont understand how they can do 1 assessment and request another before a decsion has been made. Has anyone had this experience and how did they plan for this. Will both assessments be looked at when making my decsion or will they only use one. thanks in advance for any help or support, viv

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224790 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip home assessment
V

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

We have several members who are having to have a second assessment at the moment.

It's likely to be one of three reasons;

- the report that was filed was sub-standard
- the report was not filed
- the assessor has left the company.

You can make a complaint

Capita Complaints
www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/complaints.html

ATOS (IAS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/feedback/

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about the requirement, your claim cannot progress until the DWP have a suitable report.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.