× Members

PIP Success (but not enough and still unfair)

More
5 years 3 months ago #224809 by katel
Hi Everyone,

just thought I would give you an update on my case for PIP. I have now received a letter advising me that they are making an offer of 8 points for care (standard rate) and 8 points for mobility (standard rate). This offer is after initial no offer and a further no offer on mandatory reconsideration.

I have been advised that if i do not accept this offer my appeal will proceed and that the appeal panel will be assessing my case based on the original decision of no award for either care or mobilty.

I have contacted them and advised that i wish to proceed with my oral appeal because I totally believe that if I didn't i would be allowing them to continue to be unjust to me.

I may loose all at appeal, but i cannot allow them to treat me this way and I am happy to be able to present my own case to 3 people who I know will listen.

They have advised me that they will be preparing their submission to the tribunal service on Monday....so here goes, bring it on. I will keep you updated because I know how helpful it is to hear about other peoples

One question I would like your opinion on Gordan is this;

I know that the tribunal will be looking at my case based on the original decision of no award, but, will i be permitted by the tribunal to draw attention to the latest offer to at least show how they have deviated from original decision ?

Your advice would be much appreciated thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224819 by sue2007rec
Replied by sue2007rec on topic PIP Success (but not enough and still unfair)
In my experience 2 out of 3 times they do tend to mention an offer of an award in bundles but those are over the telephone offers. I'm assuming they did not include the letter of the offer in your bundle. In my opinion there is no reason why you should not draw the panel's attention to the letter and allow the panel to draw its own conclusions.
This is isn't unusual practice and the panel will be very much aware of these offers
The following user(s) said Thank You: katel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.