× Members

Claiming Mobility component only

More
5 years 3 months ago #224833 by comfortablynumb
Claiming Mobility component only was created by comfortablynumb
Hello,

First post after lurking for a while and then registering and reading lots of useful info. I am currently filling out my PIP 2 form and would like to ask the following question.
Has anyone ever just claimed the Mobility component and not the Daily Living component?

The more I read through the descriptors the more I think to myself that I wouldn't score many points, if any, for Daily Living without some exaggeration which I am not going to do. However, I feel that the condition of my health should apply to the desciptors of the Mobility component and I was going to concentrate my efforts on that for any award.

If I did only complete the Mobility component would that be looked upon as highly unusual and therefore prone to failure? Has anyone done this?

Many thanks for any feedback.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224834 by sue2007rec
Replied by sue2007rec on topic Claiming Mobility component only
Hi

yes you focus on just the mobility component and that wouldn't be seen as that unusual

However when you were reading through the Daily Living Activities /descriptors did you consider some of the important rules you apply to those activities, e.g whether you can do that activity 50% or more of the time without causing pain, safely, without the need for prompting, supervision etc

If not, I would read these rules at the front of the PIP guide
and go through each Activity, following the PIP guide. Some people when first looking at the activities dismiss them without carefully thinking whether they do meet the criteria in specific Activities

If you have looked through the Daily Living Descriptors applying those rules then focus on Mobility if that's where you feel your needs meet the criteria .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.