× Members

PIP

More
5 years 3 months ago #224865 by l.ransome
PIP was created by l.ransome
I’m a 61 year old retired nurse. Worked for fourth years as a mental health nurse.
Four years ago my gall bladder ruptured causing septicaemia, pseudo cyst on my pancreas, and wiped out all but a tiny bit of my pancreas after it got bathed in acid.
I was in intensive care and given last rights.
I survived, obviously, but I now suffer with chronic pancreatitis.
I was granted the enhanced daily living PIP after one appeal and two at home assessments. The first assessment was done by a young man who had never heard of pancreatitis and the second by a lovely lady who had empathy and understood.
At Christmas 2018 I was diagnosed with type1diabetes due to my pancreas going phut! Using insulin 2 times a day.
I am having great difficulty getting my insulin /sugar ratio balanced because sometimes my pancreas dumps a load of rubbish into my system making me feel pretty poorly.
I have just received a letter saying that my enhanced daily living is going to continue. I am thinking of applying for motobility as my need of a reliable mode of transport is essential to attend the increased appointments and have a safe environment to travel in
My question is does anyone think that the DWP will stop my benefit for daily living if I apply for motobility?
I look forward to any helpful replies. I am scared to death to contact them due to the scary appeals process
Lois

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #224888 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP
I

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

You refer to Motability in your post, do you mean this or the Mobility component of PIP, I am going to assume the latter but if you mean the former then you will need an Enhanced Mobility award to be eligible.

Here's the problem, you say that your Daily Living award has just been assessed, they will have also assessed your mobility and made no award, did you score at all?

Unless there has been a significant deterioration in your mobility since you were last assessed I don't see how you can receive an award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris