× Members

PIP Home Visit tomorrow

More
5 years 4 months ago #225182 by Darren
PIP Home Visit tomorrow was created by Darren
I have my PIP Assessment at home tomorrow, and I am a little apprehensive knowing they fabricated my last claim, although I did end up winning at tribunal without attending based on medical evidence.

Any advice for tomorrow’s visit? Since sending the form back, a consultant has diagnosed me with fibromyalgia as well, but have nothing in writing (except a prescription note) so is it worth mentioning?

Also, how long before you get a decision after assessment?

Daz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #225193 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Home Visit tomorrow
Darren

A home assessment is not going to be significantly different from one done in the Assessment Provider's offices.

The PIP Claim guide has sections on the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

It's definitely worth mentioning the diagnosis, your consultant should have written to your GP so the assessor can contact them for a copy.

PIP Decisions are running at about 8 weeks at the moment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 months ago #225307 by Darren
Replied by Darren on topic PIP Home Visit tomorrow
Thanks Gordon.

It went okay, I was just honest. However, they never asked for no ID whatsoever, so I could have been anybody!

Daz

More
5 years 4 months ago #225325 by Gordon
Darren

You should be able to request a copy of the report by contacting the office dealing with your claim, PIP Decision are taking about eight weeks at the moment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225484 by Darren
Replied by Darren on topic PIP Home Visit tomorrow
Gordon,

Sorry to be a pain.

I contacted DWP to ask for a copy of the assessors report, when available. They said you have to wait until the decision letter, just in case they have to go back to the nurse for clarification. They said, no one gets a copy of the assessors report prior to the decision letter. Is this correct?

More
5 years 3 months ago #225536 by Gordon
Darren

There is no legal restriction on the report being sent to the claimant and the practical ones they mention only apply to a few claimants and frankly, would already be known. However, if you are in Northern Ireland then these arguments will make no difference and you won't get the report any earlier. if you are on the UK mainland then try ringing again, another advisor may be more sensible.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.