× Members

tick box or not

More
5 years 2 months ago #225473 by eve
tick box or not was created by eve
hi i have my esa 50 form is a letter 2 years old to old? I have to send back the form by the 19 feb but my appointment to see my consultant is on the 28th feb.I have been on esa support for 2 years because of C.O.P.D.stage 3.Its about the same a bit worse and lost a lot of weight but the weight loss is because of depression i think.As my partner has dementia and in a care home i am heartbroken and so helpless my G.P said i am grieving.and need to start eating as i have gone from allways being a size 10 to size 6.I only weigh 6stone and 3lb i am really scared and can not think how i will manage a F2F and for the first time going alone.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #225523 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic tick box or not
Eve

Given the changes you have experienced over the last two years I would ask your GP what support they are willing to provide you and specifically whether they are able to provide you with an up to date letter.

Please use our ESA Claim guides to help you complete the ESA50

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #226268 by eve
Replied by eve on topic tick box or not
hi i sent my esa50 by special delivery it was signed for on the 14 feb.It got there at 6.42 on the morning that morning.I was concerned how early it was signed for so i telephoned them. The lady i spoke to said that the address is a mail handling site and is not the final destination it will go by courier from there to the assessment and no guarantee it will be on time on monday the 18 feb and i should phone in a few days to find out if it arrived in time.But it was signed for on the 14 feb at the handling site can you advise me as i am confused.As she allso said that there is no point sending it by special delivery .And i only had a letter from my consultant thats 2 years old and my GP gave me a letter i am really disapointed about as it says I have C.O.P.D and nothing about my depression and weight lose it just say i get frequent flare ups that effects my exercise tolerance.I sent it any way and explained my C.O.P.D is very severe as shown from letter from my consulant and will send them an updated letter after i see him on the 28 feb.I have moved into a sheltered bungalow and want to get a local GP should i wait untill this ESA is sorted out as it might mess things up even more and do not know where to send any new evidence or information .I am in a terrible state over all this has my esa 50 arrived in time as it has been signed for????

More
5 years 2 months ago #226286 by Gordon
Eve

You have discharged your responsibility to return the form to the required address by the required date.

Providing you are still in your original Gp's catchment area then I would bot change doctor until your ESA is sorted out, whilst it's unlikely that they will be contacted, if they are and you are no longer a patient then they will not provide any medical evidence, also it can weeks for your medical records to be made available to any new GP and until then they are unlikely to be able provide you with any support for your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #226337 by eve
Replied by eve on topic tick box or not
Thanks gorden puts my mind at rest sort of for a while,Till the F2F anyway.I did send the esa50 in plenty of time i put the envelope provided on a A4 size envelope .I had a reminder letter telling me they need my esa questionnaire back urgently.I have just noticed it has a different address on it.But just so i know for the future should you stick with the original instructions or change address to the one on the reminder? I did not get as much information as i needed i run out of time.Can i sent in more information how my illness effects me,and if so where do i send it ?as i would like to send it along with letter from my consultant.Thanks in advance dont know what i would do with out you and your team.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226378 by Gordon
Eve

Ignore the address on the reminder letter and send to the original address.

As for any follow-up information, I would contact Maximus.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.