× Members

Pip reassessment. Timing and physical examination

More
5 years 2 months ago #225475 by Froblymobly
Hello I am new here so hope I am not repeating another member.

I have 3 questions please.

My recent HP assessment was not timed by myself I did notice on the report HP only wrote down the start time and not end time. They did write how long it took to write up. Could timing be an issue?

Also, I did not consent to physical examination. I think partly because it took approx 10 years to finally get gp to refer to a consultant who diagnosed many health issues, The gp was relactant and I still believe in some cases CF and BHMS are invisible and impact under valued. I felt myself thinking the HP is not going to hear any popping or see pain, or see any subtle movements which involves the misuse of other muscles or limbs to carry out movements. I think I was annoyed,felt very uncomfortable and anxious. During the assessment I felt drained. There were many misrepresentations in the report It took me over 2 weeks to try and identity why. Also medications are not named simply what they’re for eg stomach lining.

I have not read of anybody refusing a physical examination , how can I try to express why in my MR. Should medication have correct medical name?

Thank you for reading

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #225525 by Gordon
Froblymobly

The length of the assessment and whether you refused a physical examination or not are not really issues that are going to change the Decision if you have received an adverse one.

The medication is slightly more serious but only if you can show that it directly led to the wrong recommendation on points being made.

You really need to go back to basics and make sure that you have properly explained your problems with completing the PIP activities in, have you made sure that you understand the criteria?

You need to complete the activities "reliably" and "on the majority of days", if your conditions vary have you explained this in sufficient detail?

If you do tackle the report then stick to issues that are related to your scoring points and if you do feel that you have to comment on the assessor's opinions then try and do so by reference to you evidence to show that they are incorrect.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #225844 by Froblymobly
Replied by Froblymobly on topic Pip reassessment. Timing and physical examination
Thank you Gordon for your advice
I will try to explain in more detail when filling MR. Somehow I do not think it will make much difference from what I gather unless detail is backed up with evidence.

Regarding the medications
The DM wrote I am on 2 pain medications, and no input of supplements but I am prescribed regular vitamins. No references were made to the other medications either.

I really did not detail the re assessment form too well and assumed that they would consider all original medical notes. It was presumptuous of me.. However I did say ‘harder’ on some answers because of an increase in the symptoms and how they exacerbate them. Although not new symptoms but additional. I was waiting to see cardiologist and meanwhile given an increased dose of BP tablets by GP. This was ignored by HP. I have since the award,been given something to regulate the heart. Should I include side affects I have not done so.

Are they likely to say that if previous symptoms already had a negative affect ie can not stand from pain or CF then how can I claim to find things harder? I have quite a mixture of health issues each causing difficulty independently or one taking its toll more over another.

Thank you for reading and for any further advice, greatly appreciated.

More
5 years 2 months ago #225859 by Gordon
Froblymobly

You mention lots of things in your latest post but don't talk about how these are related to your problems with completing the PIP activities.

So, as an example; you mention you have seen a cardiologist, do these issues impact on your reliably completing the PIP activities, if they do then you should certainly challenge the assessor over their not including this information although you will have had to have suffered from the limitations for more than three months. If the issue is not impacting on your capabilities then it is not one that is going help you score points and you should move on to one that will.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #225893 by Froblymobly
Replied by Froblymobly on topic Pip reassessment. Timing and physical examination
Thank you Gordon :)
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

I already had an existing heart rhythm issue, but it did not for the majority impact my daily living because it occurs unpredictable times and not very often. until Just before the re assessment, the condition changed and increased. The rhythm was now more uncomfortable with chest pains and more often. The Gp prescribed additional medication while waiting for cardiology appointment. I explained how these now made completing tasks ‘harder’ . Kind of like having a monkey strapped beating my chest and squeezing my neck.( I did not describe it like that but it’s how it feels) So i would need to stop what I am doing try and regulate my breathing and dizziness and have to sit or lie down. This has continued now for over 6 months, It is not panic attacks. The Hp does not mention additional tablets or awaiting cardiology appointment.

I had said that I suffer from pain and CF ( I also have other health issues) and how they impact completing activities. In addition The cardiovascular issues are often triggered under stress or pain or tiredness, for example if I am trying to prepare a meal, even when I am sitting.

I would not be able to carry out tasks reliably, I would need to stop.

Thank you

More
5 years 2 months ago #225894 by Gordon
Froblymobly

So you have had a Decision, did you score any points?

You've mentioned preparing and cooking a meal, what other activities did you hope to score for?

Think about the things that a DM might consider as alternatives which would allow you to complete the activities, as an example; the might say that you can use a perching stool in the kitchen and that this would reduce your tiredness.

Would your receiving assistance with preparing a meal allow you to complete the activity?

You need to go through the Descriptors for each activity and deal with the issue that they raise.

In more general terms.

Understand that the assessor is offering an opinion when they say that you can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said.

Also, try and stick to issues that lead to your scoring points, I often hear members referring to the assessors spelling, as an example, whilst it may show a lack of professionalism, raising it as an issue isn't going to help you get an award.

Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.