× Members

ESA HAVE NOT BEEN PAYING FULL BENEFIT

More
5 years 3 months ago #225769 by Emma Thomas
ESA HAVE NOT BEEN PAYING FULL BENEFIT was created by Emma Thomas
I was awarded ESA last october and put in the WRA group. However it is contribution based and I clearly have not paid enough NI and I only get £59.40ish per week. I put in a mandatory request to look at the decision again and clearly asked them why my benefit was non means tested now when all my previous entitlements were means tested and how am I now claiming less than than I was in the assessment phase. The DWP replied by churning the conditions for the WRA and why I didn't qualify for the support group????? I have no issue with being in the WRA. Anyway I let go because I wasn't quite sure how to address this if I had to put in a mandatory reconsiderion in about a mandatory reconsideration????? I randomly did a benefits calculator last night and it seems I should be receiving approx £15 p/w income related ESA as well. What is quickest way to get my entitlment corrected and get back the money they have neglected to pay me? any help xxxxxxxxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225785 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA HAVE NOT BEEN PAYING FULL BENEFIT
E

You are not receiving any of the standard rates for ESA so something has to be deducted from your payments? Do you have any pension income? Any other income? Are the DWP making deductions because of an overpayment or load?

ESA(CB) is only payable for 365 days if you are not in the Support Group, how long has your claim been going on?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris