× Members

25 minute PIP telephone assessment

More
5 years 3 months ago #225850 by Dhumf
25 minute PIP telephone assessment was created by Dhumf
I am appointee for my son who is 16 years of age and transferring from DLA to PIP. My son has cerebral palsy. I was surprised to receive a telephone call for the assessment, the call ended by the assessor saying it was complete and that my son would receive a 3 yr award and a F2F was not required. Half an hour later the assessor phoned me back, to say he had changed his mind having spoken to a colleague and that my son now requires a F2F. How can these people play on our emotions, we have enough to deal with, fighting our child’s corner on a daily basis. Anyone else experienced anything similar?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #225862 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 25 minute PIP telephone assessment
Debzy

I'm guessing, they were told that their report was inadequate and they needed to carry out a full assessment, all I can suggest is that you consider a complaint.

Capita Complaints
www.capita-pip.co.uk/en/complaints.html

ATOS (IAS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/feedback/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 months ago #225873 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic 25 minute PIP telephone assessment
Hi Debzy
Mine happened the other way around about 4 years ago now. I had my home assessment, then I had a call to say that they didn't have enough info. Of course I was distraught, & after seeking advice on here I complained. This lead to a telephone assessment, & I got my PIP.
All the very best!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.