× Members

Esa and pension-

More
5 years 2 months ago #226026 by sharon
Esa and pension- was created by sharon
Will my esa stop when I reach pension age in September.I receive esa contribution based am in the support group with top up and receive pip higher level on both mobility and care elements. The reason I am asking is because I have just received a letter from DWP stating my esa amount from April ( just the standard yearly letter
But it says in September the amount changes to esa with no disability income guarantee ( £16.80).this equals £111.75 In September rather than £128.45 which is new amount from April.
I am confused as I thought esa would stop and I would get my state pension.
Could you please advice me -thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226046 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa and pension-
Sharon

Yes, your ESA will stop when you reach State Retirement Age, the letter is a standard one and I doubt that they take account of the claimant approaching SRA when it is produced.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.