× Members

Call from DWP regards appeal need advise

More
5 years 2 months ago #226231 by fastmoggy
Call from DWP regards appeal need advise was created by fastmoggy
Had an unannounced call from DWP to inform us that one of the objections in the appeal could not be altered as the criteria was not met. Luckily I was there to be of assistance and get to hand relevant information from a copy of the appeal papers.
This has not happened before so just wondering if this is now normal practice to make calls of this nature?
Could my wife ask that they call back at a specific time where I can be there for help and support as my wife sufferers from anxiety and stress ( on medication) at situations like this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226242 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Call from DWP regards appeal need advise
fastmoggy

I've never heard of the DWP contacting the claimant while they waited for an appeal except to make an offer of an improved award, what was said?

They shouldn't be contacting her directly about the appeal with the exception of the above but you can write to the DWP with a general request that they only phone when you are present.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: fastmoggy

More
5 years 2 months ago #226257 by fastmoggy
Replied by fastmoggy on topic Call from DWP regards appeal need advise
They made an offer of enhanced mobility if we withdrew the application for the appeal but were not budging on the nil award for daily living but the period of the award would be longer than previous ones.
As her representative I posed the offer to her which was excepted.
Personally id have pushed for the inclusion of the lower rate for daily living but that would have ment months of uncertanty before the tribunal which could have gone worse than the offer which was excepted!
At the end of the day she now has a degree of stability which is good for her and her condition as it is.
i will let you know whe the finalised paperwork arrives and hope that it gives the encouragement to others in the same situation as ourselves .

More
5 years 2 months ago #226269 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Call from DWP regards appeal need advise
fastmoggy

Congratulations to you both on the revied award.

Gordon

Tags@ @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: fastmoggy

More
5 years 2 months ago #226311 by fastmoggy
Replied by fastmoggy on topic Call from DWP regards appeal need advise
Well its been a rocky road to get to this point as you might know!!
As i said, when we see the letter we will be relieved and of course let everyone know what was awarded and hopefully give encouragement to others who find themselves in such a difficult position.
The resources here are a god send!! and make challenging a bad decision a little less daunting!

All we can say is a big thankyou to you ,gordon, for all your advice and support through what has been a very difficult time.
As they say...Watch this space...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.