× Members

PIP REVIEW THIS YEAR

More
5 years 2 months ago #226267 by info
PIP REVIEW THIS YEAR was created by info
Good Afternoon
I have a pip review this year we are not sure if will get review form or assessment form. Would this sound ok if used for or stuck it onto the relevant page of pip form?
Preparing Food: Since 2018 I still need the same am still unable & still need everyday my meals, foods prepared, cooked, done, got & cut up & brought to me unable due to all the exertion involved, not physical strength energy etc needed, is due to all I suffer & also be concentration required & to remain focused etc. But PIP Report 2018 Assessor said I need assistance from another person to prepare or cook a simple meal I still couldn’t do it, will explain later is due to all I suffer & as largely bedbound, I did explain to Assessor why unable & Assessor did refer to G.P’s Letter “G.P confirms profound pain & fatigue” that G.P’s Letter ??/??/2018 said due to profound fatigue, pain & neuropathic pain & all suffers, she requires all foods meals to be prepared & cooked because is unable, have enclosed for you. & enclosed a New Medical Letter from G.P dated ??/??/2019 it confirms still unable. When I had home visit 2018, PIP Report i.e. to dress/undress MSO findings significantly reduced upper & lower limb power, hand grip & shoulder movement. & said observed needing Husband to help sit forward & to elevate my feet on footstool & I expressed pain him doing so & he opened poured my drink etc & looked tired & pale. & all tie in & unable & all a problem as severe chronic fatigue, severe pain severe discomfort weakness stiffness back neck shoulders wrists arms hands etc get sharp shooting pains spasms am shaky so unsteady breathless, tingles in hands that intensify go up arms like spiders crawling go numb can’t feel, drop things etc fingers are painful stiffen knot cramp swell also Carpal Tunnel both hands causes gripping dexterity problems. & poor mobility, got to be pushed in wheelchair as can’t propel move myself. Even sat feel heart race pound breathless banging headache light headed like going to faint etc due to fast heart rate PoTS. & is also all the coordination, all repeated actions movements etc & finger to thumb actions, grip grasp of things, not lift hold, carry move things, or pour drain, transfer food to plate & grip grasp cold/hot pans kettle, handling of water/boiling water & plates with food on etc just not possible all be so unsafe so dangerous I’d drop things, hurt injure cut burn or scald self, stumble slip, trip fall. & they’d be a clear danger as I’ve cut myself with knife trying to cut up foods on plate & slipped so is now all done for me & hot drinks when done for me now have cold water added to them & not filled nowhere near the top as dropped & burnt self. & with all I suffer it means I just can’t prepare foods peel chop cut them also be a problem undoing cans jars bottles cartons, packaging etc & to move about, have balance coordination, to reach stretch twist, get things etc. Daily living, basics of day to day life is constant struggle, like an ordeal to me & has severe effects after effects & even with assistance physical support etc still difficulty managing the once, not be repeatedly continuously nor able to sustain, or be daily are put off as in i.e. a bath/shower & Husband will wet wipe me instead & things have got to be done for me as unable due to all I suffer. & i.e. PIP Assessment 2018 in my home was over 1hr 50 minutes it so severely affected me due to all the exertion of just talking & it wasn’t just that day have explained in Cover Letter. If require in a lot more detail at back of PIP Form 2018 on attached A4 page ? of ? Preparing Food as trying to explain as brief as possible

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226284 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP REVIEW THIS YEAR
info/helpneeded

One obvious comment, forgive me but it is impossible to read, it;'s just one very long block of text.

I would be cautious of referring to the previous assessor's comments if they are not in your favour, if the current assessor is thinking along similar lines then you are simply confirming their thoughts.

The reference to the GP letter is good.

I think you need to put some structure to it, so the Descriptors refer to

- aids
- using a microwave
- prompting
- supervision or assistance

I would deal with each of these one at a time, explaining why they are unable to help you prepare and cook a meal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.