× Members

Mandatory reconsideration risk

More
5 years 2 months ago #226301 by confused123
Mandatory reconsideration risk was created by confused123
Hi all,

I’ve just had my pip review letter and my points have gone from 8 to 11 with a three year award and it seems they’ve agreed then that my health has worsened.

All of my original points were upheld plus several new ones but one of my originals has been slashed from4 to 2 with no evidence things have improved but lots of evidence they have worsened.

The only reason I can think they have done this is to take me under the threshold for higher rate, so I have 11 points rather than 13.

Should I do a mandatory reconsideration and get what I think I deserve or stay with standard rate and avoid the stress of them potentially scrapping my standard rate.

So annoyed they’ve randomly slashed this 4 pointer for no apparent reason!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226315 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory reconsideration risk
confused

Congratulations on the award that you have received.

I'm afraid only you can decide whether to challenge the Decision or not, revision rates at MR are low and you need to be prepared to go on to appeal.

Have you requested a copy of the assessment report? If not, contact the DWP office dealing with your claim, it will help you understand how the Decision was made and what arguments you need to put forward if you were to request an MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #226558 by confused123
Replied by confused123 on topic Mandatory reconsideration risk
Thanks for your reply. Just read the report and the assessor had advised 0 points. Whoever works at the DWP has pushed it up to 11. I wonder if this makes appealing it riskier? I should probably take it but I’m frustrated that it doesn’t seem right

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #226571 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Mandatory reconsideration risk
confused

If the report did not score you any points then I would be nervous about asking for an MR. You are reliant on a second DM overriding the report even more than the first one did.

You also need to consider where you will score the extra points, although you only need one point it is likely that you will actually have to score at least two, either by scoring higher on activity that you were scored for or scoring against one that you have not scored against. Again, the report will not help with this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.