× Members

Proof of ID

More
5 years 2 months ago #226310 by Nearlydan
Proof of ID was created by Nearlydan
I have the migration from ESA to UC to look forward to, as well as applying for PIP to replace my indefinite award of DLA.
Being one of those people who neither holds a valid passport or a driving licence, I find myself faced with the problem of providing “acceptable” proof of ID when it comes to accessing the online system of application.
After much thought I came up with the following.
Instead of trying to access the UC system directly, I tried using the HMRC portal on the pretext of wanting to know how much tax I had paid in the last financial year. Armed with my P60, I was able to register adequately and obtain the all-important Govt Gateway Code, which, if my understanding is correct, will give me access to the UC system without having to prove my identity again.....
Has anybody else tried this method? I’m reasonably sure I’ve got my facts straight but I just wondered if anyone could confirm my theory.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.