× Members

Esa assessment but in support group?

More
5 years 2 months ago #226354 by Greendeco13
Esa assessment but in support group? was created by Greendeco13
Out of the blue I received the dreaded white envelope to go for ESA assessment, last one was in October 17 and I was put in the support group. I thought under the new guidelines I wouldn't be reassessed, clearly I was wrong.
As last time the assessment considerably damaged my physical and mental health, I'm going to complain about this. I've got fibromyalgia, I believe my circumstances fit the four categories, I'm never going to get better. My health has actually deteriorated since the last assessment, I've currently got four referrals for hospital treatment on going!
I'm going to do a letter of complaint today regarding being called for an assessment despite being in support group and I'm sending a copy to my MP.
I have very high blood pressure currently uncontrolled by medication and because my anxiety last time was off the scale my GP will have to give me valium to attend this one.
Having to discuss my circumstances causes severe depression and anxiety, it took me weeks last time to recover.
I'd appreciate any help and guidance anyone can offer. Of course this assessment will be an attempt to get me out of the support group but I'm going to fight it all the way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226394 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa assessment but in support group?
Fibrostar

I'm really sorry but neither your being in the SG or your Fibromyalgia exempt you from further assessment.

Did you receive an ESA50 to complete?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #226430 by Greendeco13
Replied by Greendeco13 on topic Esa assessment but in support group?
Yes I did and I used the guide to fill it in, I didn't hear anything for 4 months so thought it was ok, then the f2f.
Since I filled the form in my health has worsened. Fortunately I've got a new GP and she's great. Instead of fobbing me off every time I get a new symptom, saying oh it's just your fibromyalgia, she's actually listening to me and referring me to hospital.
I've been diagnosed with arthritis in my right hand and waiting for a splint and steroid injection.
I've been struggling for some time with incontinence, again told this was my fibromyalgia, she's now tested my urine and I had bad infection and blood in my urine so referred to a urologist.
I had a brain scan because of severe migraine, ear pain, tinnitus and dizziness. Got results which shows cause but unfortunately no treatment possible.
Finally she's encouraged me to deal with my anxiety and depression and I've had counselling and currently attending a pain management course.
This has all happened in last 6 months so isn't on the form (apart from brain scan) I've rang today and been advised to send in details of above to the assessment office, which I will do, but am I right in thinking as well as giving the factual information I need to stress how each condition affects my daily life?

More
5 years 2 months ago #226437 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa assessment but in support group?
Fibrostar

Write a letter to update those assessing you of your limitations as they are, I would keep to the format of the ESA50 and address each activity that you have a problem with.

If there is time, send a copy to the assessment centre, in either case, take a copy with you to the assessment and ask the assessor to read it before they start the interview and to include it in your file before they return it to the DWP.

I would also send a copy to the DWP office dealing with your claim with a covering letter explaining what it is.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #226510 by Greendeco13
Replied by Greendeco13 on topic Esa assessment but in support group?
Ok I've filled in a new ESA50 updated to include latest info and conditions. I've printed it out and tomorrow I'm getting copies done.
Ill hand one into assessment centre and send one to the dwp office dealing with my claim and ill take two copies to the assessment, one to give assessor and one for my helper to go through.
Ill include all my referrals etc but my gp has not got anything confirming diagnosis of arthritis yet so need to chase with hospital.
My GP will give me diazepam to help with the anxiety of the assessment but I've been advised that I shouldn't take it as then they won't see my full anxiety. If I don't take it ill be a mess, I was last time and it made me really ill for days afterwards.
Thank you very much for all your advice it helps so much. I tend to go into panic mode and then can't think straight. For example got a letter today to ring to book gastroscopy rang hospital booked appt for a time I can't go and forgot to ask about sedation! My mind just fogs up and I lose it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.