× Members

How long to wait for backdated benefit

More
5 years 2 months ago #226427 by Madteacher57
How long to wait for backdated benefit was created by Madteacher57
Last November thanks to your guides and advice my son went from 0-15 points at his ESA Appeal. This was backdated to August 2017 when ESA was originally stopped after his Medical Assessment.
To date we have not received any communication from ESA regarding the back payment or even an acknowledgement of our Tribunal decision.
I have written to them and as I am on half term holiday this week I will start ringing.
What else should be doing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226434 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How long to wait for backdated benefit
J

Did you check that the DWP had received the Decision Notice?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #226494 by Madteacher57
Replied by Madteacher57 on topic How long to wait for backdated benefit
I have started ringing today but after an hour gave up will keep trying.
When I queried it with them by post I did send a copy and by recorded delivery

More
5 years 2 months ago #226507 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic How long to wait for backdated benefit

Jane Tickner wrote: I have started ringing today but after an hour gave up will keep trying.
When I queried it with them by post I did send a copy and by recorded delivery

Appeals are not normally processed by the office that deals administratively with the claim so it's possible that your letter has still not ended up at the right office.

I'm afraid you persevere with the phone call. Phoning at 8am is usually the best time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.