× Members

Disability Premiums?

More
5 years 2 months ago #226474 by Suzy3
Disability Premiums? was created by Suzy3
Hi Gordon, hope you are well?
Just a quick question, I don't post very often due to aging/ ill parents -never enough th ours in day!
I receive Esa - support group, Contributary, had to retire early due to ill health.
Also receive Pip both rates enhanced. Live alone, as a widow now. No one claims Carers for me, and no State pension tillI am 66 years.
Is Severe disability/ enhanced disabitily premium ' means tested'. It is just that no one has ever mentioned it and never get any info with Esa letters?
Would be very grateful for any information. Have tried turn 2 us, but it does not say specifically.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #226477 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Disability Premiums?
Suzy

From your post, you meet the eligibility criteria for both the Enhanced and Severe Disability Premiums but you can only receive payment of these Premiums if you are also entitled to Income Related ESA. ESA(IR) is dependent on your household income, your savings and assets, and for completeness, any hours that a partner works. See

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #226480 by Suzy3
Replied by Suzy3 on topic Disability Premiums?
Many thanks Gordon.
Have only ever been in Contributary Esa group. Have 44 paid up Nic years! Have no partner.
Seems I'm scuppered as I have over allowed amount of savings, so not going to worry. Heh Ho!!
Stay well, and many thanks for links.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.