× Members

Less than 5 minutes PIP Tribunal hearing

More
5 years 1 month ago #226660 by rainbow
Even though I'm a former CAB advisor, having a good knowledge of the benefits system.

I still used this cracking site and its guides and recommend it to those who have been treated unfairly by the DWP's jobsworths.

Therefore I wish to thank Benefits and Work for there guides to a successful PIP tribunal appeal after two DWP decision makers award my wife 9 points for the care component of PIP. Wifes main medical condition Mulitple Sclerosis plus other medical

After 40 odd years of getting high care, high mobility DLA to then undergo a medical at a clinic/ plus a home visit from a DWP officer checking to see if she's getting the correct benefit going back those 40 odd years...resulting in her still being awarded high care, high mobility still.

Only to be transferred over to PIP in 2018 to then having a medical assessor come out, as a result of that visit to be awarded standard rate care 9 points. Right, you buggers Game on... Went through the proper procedure i.e Mandatory Reconsideration that decision maker agreed with the first one. The game still on.

Tribunal took less than 5 minutes the Chairperson stating we have made our decision and disagree with the decision makers findings. To then award her 18 points for her care needs.

To me, that speaks volumes as to a percentage game that's going on with the DWPs i,e
How many of say of 100 disabled people will ask for a mandatory reconsideration? Let's say 75% will?

How many of that 75% after another decision makers agree with the first decision maker? let's say for argument sake 50%?

How many of that 50 % of disabled people will take it all the way to the tribunal appeal? 40/30/25% will take it all the way.

In my opinion, it's a percentage game the DWP are playing with vulnerable people's lives.

Thank Steve and all benefits and work staff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #226670 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Less than 5 minutes PIP Tribunal hearing
R

Congratulations on winning your wife's Tribunal, well done.

It usually takes the DWP 5-8 weeks to process a Tribunal result, I would give them a call next week to make sure that they have received the Decision Notice.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: rainbow

More
5 years 1 month ago #226672 by keeptrying
Replied by keeptrying on topic Less than 5 minutes PIP Tribunal hearing
I agree
was watching a story on the news about it and how dwp say it is only a small percentage who go to tribunal

hmmmm but that is no doubt because many many people are not able to have that battle, or risk losing/waiting for the money they deserve

so pleased for you and your wife
The following user(s) said Thank You: rainbow

More
5 years 1 month ago #226683 by rainbow
Replied by rainbow on topic Less than 5 minutes PIP Tribunal hearing
Thank you guys

As I've stated, I honestly believe its a percentage game.
My wife said' I want to fight this all the way, as its a matter of principle.
40 odd years getting High care High Mob and the fact that she was diagnosed with progressive MS.
For some heartless decision makers to rule she now has fewer care needs.

This is after falls on numerous occasions ..breaking her pubic bone, taking 3 years to heal, breaking her wrist.

MS causing swallowing problems requiring myself having to do the Heimlich Manoeuvre when she was choking.

Faceless, Heartless, people...that bring stress to genuinely disabled people

Ron
The following user(s) said Thank You: Judy, unBat412Fd, rog747

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.