× Members

RE: Returning your ESA 50 close to the deadline

• s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #227272 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
RE: Returning your ESA 50 close to the deadline was created by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Hi there,

I suspect this has been asked before but I've received a reminder by the DWP in regard to returning my ESA50 form (It has to be in by the 24/3/19). Thing is do I send It to the address on the original envelope (ie the mail handling site in Wolverhampton) or the address in this latest letter (the disability centre Edgware) they say to send it to? I'm a tad confused.

Also I have a lot of extra pages to send with it and I don't think they will all fit in the original envelope. As I'm so close to the deadline I was thinking of sending it back on Monday (11th) via registered next day (before 1.pm) delivery so wouldn't be using the free post anyway. So would re addressing it on another envelope be okay?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227288 by Gordon
Just Me

Send it to the original address.

Either use a new envelope or stick the supplied one to the front. As long as it is returned by the required date then your posting it on Monday will be fine.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk

• Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #227296 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic RE: Returning your ESA 50 close to the deadline
Thanks for that.

If It ends up arriving with them actually on the 14th, would that be seen as being too late?

More
5 years 1 month ago #227301 by Gordon

Just Me wrote: Thanks for that.

If It ends up arriving with them actually on the 14th, would that be seen as being too late?

Sorry but I am a bit confused, your original post says it has to be back by the 24th? Did you actually mean the 14th? If you did then it arriving on the 14th is fine.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #227304 by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk
Replied by s.jmoore@blueyonder.co.uk on topic RE: Returning your ESA 50 close to the deadline
I'm sorry my suffering with a bit of brain fog at the moment. I did mean the deadline is the 14th (this Thursday). So If it enters their system on the 14th that counts then? I'm paranoid about It getting disqualified by being late or held up their system. :)

More
5 years 1 month ago #227306 by Gordon
Just Me

Yes, if they receive it on the 14th then it counts as being returned on time.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.