× Members

Pip reassessment due.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227530 by duckduckdo
Pip reassessment due. was created by duckduckdo
Hi Gordon. Are you aware if PIP reassessments are being deferred by 6 months, rather than 12 months before it ends ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227543 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip reassessment due.
mememe

No, not that I am aware of.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo, dwmullings

More
5 years 1 month ago #227572 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Pip reassessment due.
Hi mememe

Why do you say that?

The reason I ask is because my partner's PIP is due for reassesment & we've heard nothing yet. They always used to contact him about 2-3 months before, I think. I've checked his letter & it does say that he will be contacted after a certain date, so unless we hear this week perhaps it's true.

Anyone else?

More
5 years 1 month ago #227690 by duckduckdo
Replied by duckduckdo on topic Pip reassessment due.
Hi Bud.
My PIP review is due and I read 3 reviews on f/b that they had been told when they rang DWP they were now doing reviews 6 months , rather than 1 year before due to amount of backlog work.

In a paper today regarding light touch every 10 years for pensioners PIP reviews the OBR report states “According to the report the DWP faced long term capacity constraints from carrying out the reviews at the same time as assessing new claims, and moving people to PIP from old benefits”.So the department has “ prioritised “ moving old style claimants onto PIP, rather than “processing scheduled award reviews”. Please don’t shoot the messenger, and I have no idea who/what OBR is. I just thought members on this fantastic site might have posted if there was some truth in the rumour.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
5 years 1 day ago #229362 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Pip reassessment due.
Hi mememe et al

Thought I'd report that it's been 6 weeks now, & 2 payments have since gone in to the bank & still we've heard nothing regarding the PIP reassessment. I was waiting for these payments as they pay in arrears, but the 2nd payment went in yesterday. So this could well be true.

Anyone else not heard anything?

More
4 years 11 months ago #229692 by duckduckdo
Replied by duckduckdo on topic Pip reassessment due.
Hi Bud. I rang DWP today. He said they are assessing some at 6 months rather than 12 months and I was one of them . He didn’t know the reason.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.