× Members

PIP points for preparing food.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227573 by Ted Pea
PIP points for preparing food. was created by Ted Pea
Hi,
I live off prepared pasta salads, microwave ready meals, oven heated ready meals, and I snack off dry granola cereal.
I have a single induction hob, which I use for my coffee pot.
This is because of a long standing depression, and also I've just discovered I'm autistic.
My PIP renewal assessment is coming up, and I wonder if I'd get 8 points for cannot prepare or cook food.
My main issues are a lack of motivation, and a number of accidents in the past.
Cheers, Ted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227590 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP points for preparing food.
Ted Pea

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I can only go on the information that you have posted but I think it unlikely that you would meet the criteria to score the eight points. You may need prompting to prepare and cook a meal and possibly supervision while doing so but you have not included any information that you "Cannot prepare and cook food."

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #227592 by Ted Pea
Replied by Ted Pea on topic PIP points for preparing food.
Thanks Gordon.

I'm hoping that nothing I do legally counts as 'cooking' or 'preparing.'

More
5 years 1 month ago #227614 by Gordon

Ted Pea wrote: Thanks Gordon.

I'm hoping that nothing I do legally counts as 'cooking' or 'preparing.'

That'snot the way that the Descriptor works. You don't do these things and that may well be for reasons that match the PIP Descriptors for prompting and supervision but nothing in your post suggests that you cannot prepare or cook food, which is the test for the eight points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #227633 by Ted Pea
Replied by Ted Pea on topic PIP points for preparing food.
I thought my original post at least hinted that I can't cook or prepare food due to my mental health conditions.
I can't cope psychologically with any more than heating up ready meals, either in the microwave or oven.
Hypothetically, I'm sure I could produce a meal, with the right encouragement and supervision, but this situation hasn't arisen, so I can only assume that I cannot prepare or cook food.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227635 by Gordon
Ted Pea

As I said, I can only go on what you have posted. Make your arguments on the form, you will need to show that even if you received the prompting and there was supervision you still could not reliably prepare and cook food on the majority of days.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.