× Members

Given conflicting advice on Blue Badge application

More
5 years 1 month ago #227574 by weymouth321
When applying for Blue Badge ( first time , and online ), then, rang local council saying missed slot “ how my condition effects me “ - chap advised writing this all down on separate piece of paper and enclose it with your photocopies of both birth certificate and driving licence. As it is decided upon what applicants written. No medical evidence is required from consultant or GP.
He proved very helpful giving examples
Then today , received email from a female, advising not to submit anything written how my RA effects me...
Many Thanks for your advice , J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227591 by Gordon
Josie

Who is the "female" and did she say why?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #227665 by weymouth321
Replied by weymouth321 on topic Given conflicting advice on Blue Badge application
Email from a [removed]; Blue Badge Team , saying “ regards to additional information section , if we require further information, we will call you to discuss further “
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Gordon. Reason: removed name

More
5 years 1 month ago #227678 by Gordon

josie wrote: Email from a [removed]; Blue Badge Team , saying “ regards to additional information section , if we require further information, we will call you to discuss further “

OK, so at this time they are saying that they don't need any additional information, you'll have to wait and see what happens next.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: weymouth321

More
5 years 1 month ago #227687 by weymouth321
Replied by weymouth321 on topic Given conflicting advice on Blue Badge application
Am going to write and send my additional information re walking and moving about
Having difficulties phrasing “ I find walking any distance to be a struggle now, always and regularly having to sit down , whether it be chair, bench, food store or ground outside, due to the sheer discomfort, breathlessness and fatigue.( my body literally sighs when sitting and resting to relieve the above symptoms ).
Does the BB criteria require to include the actual distance , though, RA fluctuating, always walking any distance restrictive, + do they need to know how many minutes you rest for , before continuing ? Although , I can walk up to 50 metres ( always pushing myself ), always have to stop to sit down to rest . Does this count ? Many Thanks, J

More
5 years 1 month ago #227689 by Gordon
Josie

The scheme does consider the distance that you can walk so you do need to explain far this is. Also, you don't mention why your walking is restricted, what conditions cause this?

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: weymouth321

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.