× Members

ESA Backpay

More
5 years 1 month ago #227599 by corsa40
ESA Backpay was created by corsa40
I have now received all backpay from migrating from Incapacity Benefit Contribution based to ESA Income Related. I was informed on the telephone that I would also receive backpay for my deceased husband who passed away in February 2015. We were both receiving our benefit separately not as a couple and his backpay would be separate to mine. I now found they have paid me as a couple, I wondered if anybody knew if this was right? Surely if we were claiming benefit as 2 separate people we would be paid backpay as separate people, they did admit they made a mistake not paying us way back when, as a couple but I feel they are just trying to save money that was originally owed to us. Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227613 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Backpay
Corsa

The back pay is in regard to Income Related ESA that you were entitled to but were not paid. ESA(IR) is always paid as a couple when the claimant has a partner and only one person in the couple can receive the ESA(IR).

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: corsa40

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.