× Members

ME/CFS

More
5 years 1 month ago #227627 by Tinkie2poos
ME/CFS was created by Tinkie2poos
Hi, Does ME/CFS class as a disability for PIP please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227634 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ME/CFS

Tinkie2poos wrote: Hi, Does ME/CFS class as a disability for PIP please?

PIP does not look directly at your conditions, it considers the limitations that result from them in regard to a range of standard activities. So PIP can be awarded because of ME/CFS but having ME/CFS does not mean that you will receive an award.

See our PIP Claim guide for an understanding of the criteria that you need to meet.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #227966 by alisp
Replied by alisp on topic ME/CFS
Everything I've read on the subject does suggest that it's extremely difficult to get PIP for ME/CFS though, at least at a first attempt (my caree is a sufferer too, and was given 0 points, having previously had standard rate for care and enhanced rate for mobility under DLA), so be prepared to go the mandatory reconsideration and appeal route to get anywhere :( You may be able to find some useful advice on the S4ME forums and other UK-based ME/CFS forums.

Carer for a long-term ME/CFS sufferer

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.