× Members

Carers Allowance & ESA

More
5 years 1 month ago #227669 by Stuart
Carers Allowance & ESA was created by Stuart
I'm currently receiving Income related ESA ( SG) and due to being awarded enhanced care level of PIP, I will put in a claim for carers allowance. When do I need to tell ESA about change of income, is at the point of application or when first payment is made?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227681 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carers Allowance & ESA
Stuart

I'm sorry but you cannot claim Carers Allowance against your own PIP award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #227693 by Stuart
Replied by Stuart on topic Carers Allowance & ESA
Sorry, I forgot to say that it is my wife who is going to claim Carers allowance.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227704 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carers Allowance & ESA

Stuart wrote: Sorry, I forgot to say that it is my wife who is going to claim Carers allowance.

OK, so you need to inform the DWP office dealing with your ESA claim, when the CA is awarded and also when it has been awarded from if the dates are different.

In case you are not aware, the CA will be deducted from your ESA(IR) but you will also receive a Carers Premium on your ESA giving you a net increase of around £36/week.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stuart

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.