× Members

Reassessed to WRAG - not sure what to do next

More
5 years 2 months ago #227713 by AHW7
OK, so I've had a letter from the DWP saying they are changing to amount I will be paid because I've been reassessed into the WRAG group. Is that the only notification I get about the outcome of my assessment, or are they meant to send me a letter outlining the reasons for their decision as well? I'm in two minds as to whether I should put in for a mandatory reconsideration, due to the risk of them deciding that I'm actually fit for work after all,but on the other hand there's the risk that I'm not able to comply with what my work coach (no idea who that is) expects me to do, and I end up getting sanctioned. Fortunately, I've been claiming ESA long enough that the drop in payments is significant, but not as horrendous as dropping back to JSA levels, but I think it also means I'm eligible for less council tax support too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #227723 by Gordon
ScattyMare

I''m afraid Decision Letters for SG to WRAG Decisions don't contain much information.

You can request a copy of the assessment report (ESA85) by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim, this will give you a better idea of why you have been moved to the WRAG and help you make the decision to request an MR or not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: AHW7

More
5 years 2 months ago #228591 by AHW7
So, it seems I haven't scored enough points on the descriptors to be put into the WRAG, but they've assigned me to it based on Reg 29. If I were to request an MR on the basis that Reg 35 applies as well, do I need to detail the areas where I think I should have scored points but didn't too?

More
5 years 2 months ago #228613 by Gordon
ScattyMare

You don't have to but it would potentially offer you another route to the Support Group.

Make sure that you fully understand the requirements of Regulation 35, there's a section on this in the ESA Claim guides, the mental health one has the more detailed explanation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.