× Members

PIP guide says talk to GP

More
5 years 1 month ago #227791 by helsan
PIP guide says talk to GP was created by helsan
It may be interesting for you to know that following your guide I made an appointment to see my Gp who is fairly new to me. He said that no one is allowed to discuss anything about PIP with a GP. That he is on appeals panel and I should not have gone to talk to him at all. I asked him how he would fill in a PIP form about me as he knew nothing about me. he started scrolling through all my allergies and longterm conditions then said, well you better tell me how this affects you.
What chance do I stand of getting pIp for mobility with a gp like this? How can he fill in any form about my mobility or ability to wash dress act? Perhaps your guide needs updating he says this has been stopped as GPs don't have time for it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227809 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP guide says talk to GP
helsan

The decision to help a patient with their benefit claims is at the individual discretion of the GP, I'm afraid that many hide behind Surgery policy to avoid doing this.

As to their being a Tribunal panel member, I suspect that they know full well that they are barred from serving on a panel hearing an appeal for someone they have personal knowledge of.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #227965 by alisp
Replied by alisp on topic PIP guide says talk to GP
As someone who has a GP in the family, I should perhaps mention that she says that it's actually very difficult for GPs to fill in this type of form, because they don't have the knowledge of your day-to-day life that is required in order to fill in the form. They can perhaps make assumptions as to what you could or couldn't do, but it's difficult for them to say categorically.

Carer for a long-term ME/CFS sufferer

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.