× Members

from DLA to PIP - 67 yrs old-phone assessment

More
5 years 1 month ago #227794 by Alex
from DLA to PIP - 67 yrs old was created by Alex
Hi,
I have received DWP letter that my DLA will end soon. I have to call DWP to make a PIP claim. I am scared to speak with them, getting even more anxious than usual and lost my sleep. I have nobody whom I ask to help. Due to my mobility & depression problems in the last 12 yrs I have lost my friends... I don't know what to do... afraid that the phone conversation will be long, that most likely my memory & concentrate will affect my answers. I have looked up on the information on this site and there are so many pages about PIP. It would be easier to fill in a paper form as I could take a few days for it. Is a phone conversation is the only one option DWP give to us? Appreciate any helpful support/suggestions/links. Thank you all. Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227810 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic from DLA to PIP - 67 yrs old
Alex

You can request a paper version of the form that will be completed in the phone call but I cannot recommend it, everybody who has gone down this route has problems obtaining the form and returning it by the required date and if your claim is not started on time, your DLA payments will be suspended and eventually stopped.

The PIP Claim guide explains the information that you will be asked for on the call, it should only take about five minutes to start your PIP claim.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

If you still want to get a copy of the form (PIP1) then write to the following;

Personal Independence Payment New Claims
Post Handling Site B
Wolverhampton
WV99 1AH

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brightskies2009, Alex

More
5 years 1 month ago #227873 by Alex
Replied by Alex on topic from DLA to PIP - 67 yrs old
I am thinking of recording the phone claim on my mobile. Should I tell them that I am doing it? In the past, years ago they put wrong information in the form. I found it out when asked for a copy of their report (thanks to your site!)

I want to check it against the paper copy before signing it.

one more question: are there such cases that after tel interview that do not call face-to-face interview? I am scared of what they doing to disable people...
Thank you for your help
Alex

More
5 years 1 month ago #227888 by Alex
I am not sure whether my query went through, I have not used the site for years.

1. I would like to have a legal advice whether I am allowed to record the assessment on my mobile - over the phone or in person. Whether an Assessor has a right to object. This could be a evidence if they put in the form incorrect answer.

2. Can I have a copy of that claim form filled in by an Assessor or any other their notes regarding me that go to the Decision Makers?

3. I've been in the past at ATOS in Brighton and East Croydon. I had to take a taxi from the station although it was not too far away but I cannot walk that distance. Do they pay for a taxi and r/w tickets for me and my carer?

4. My neighbour & friend helps me with my daily chores (and now too to send my questions) but she feels apprehensive going with me to the assessment room. She doesn't mind to accompany me on the way to. She had an unpleasant experience herself with ATOS regarding her ESA. I am afraid that an Assessor could have a point against my claim if I would be on my own. Also I won't have a witness that would support me.
alex

More
5 years 1 month ago #227897 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic from DLA to PIP - 67 yrs old

Alex wrote: I am thinking of recording the phone claim on my mobile. Should I tell them that I am doing it? In the past, years ago they put wrong information in the form. I found it out when asked for a copy of their report (thanks to your site!)

I want to check it against the paper copy before signing it.

one more question: are there such cases that after tel interview that do not call face-to-face interview? I am scared of what they doing to disable people...
Thank you for your help
Alex

I've answered here rather than post yu made earlier.

Alex

It's perfectly legal for you to record a phone call, you do not have to inform the person that you are doing so, however, this call is just to get your claim started so they are only going to ask you basic questions, there is a list of them in the PIP Claim guide.

They no longer send a copy of the PIP1 as standard and I'm not sure whether you can get one by requesting a copy at the end of the call but it is worth your asking.

It is possible for a Paper Based Review to be done but it is rare for this to happen when claimants are being moved from DLA to PIP, the criteria is very different and usually requires a face to face.

You can always find your latest posts by clicking on your forum name as it appears on the site, for example; to the left of your post above.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex

More
5 years 1 month ago #227898 by Gordon

Alex wrote: I am not sure whether my query went through, I have not used the site for years.

1. I would like to have a legal advice whether I am allowed to record the assessment on my mobile - over the phone or in person. Whether an Assessor has a right to object. This could be a evidence if they put in the form incorrect answer.

2. Can I have a copy of that claim form filled in by an Assessor or any other their notes regarding me that go to the Decision Makers?

3. I've been in the past at ATOS in Brighton and East Croydon. I had to take a taxi from the station although it was not too far away but I cannot walk that distance. Do they pay for a taxi and r/w tickets for me and my carer?

4. My neighbour & friend helps me with my daily chores (and now too to send my questions) but she feels apprehensive going with me to the assessment room. She doesn't mind to accompany me on the way to. She had an unpleasant experience herself with ATOS regarding her ESA. I am afraid that an Assessor could have a point against my claim if I would be on my own. Also I won't have a witness that would support me.
alex

2. You can request a copy of the assessment report after any assessment you may have by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

3. Ask when/if you receive an appointment, there will be contact information on the letter.

4. It depends on your conditions if you suffer from conditions such as Social Phobia or have problems mixing with other people then being in the interview on your own may be seen as a negative. You need to consider whether you are willing for your neighbour to hear potentially intimate details of your life and indeed whether they are willing themselves to.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.