× Members


4 years 11 months ago #227821 by Dollytrigger
Training was created by Dollytrigger
Hi, it’s been a long time since I’ve been on the site here but remember well the amazing help and advice with both ESA and PIP applications, assessment and tribunal. I had to learn a lot through that time in a very short period. It has inspired me to learn more. I have spina bifida along with many other spinal problems and am unable to work. I have however been looking for some formal training that I would be able to do from home based on benefits and the associated laws/regulations that accompany the subject. This is for my own knowledge but also maybe one day be something I may be able to do as a job from home. There are so many people out there needing help and advice and although the knowledge is vast I am sure it’s something I could study. So my question is what courses do You feel would help me gain the knowledge and qualifications required to do this kind of advising/work? I have done internet searches but it seems quite a difficult subject to gain formal qualifications in. I would want to know before advising anyone that I have the appropriate knowledge to be as effective as possible. I don’t feel that the system is likely to change anytime soon and would love to be able to help others. I have particular interest in the tribunal process but understand I would need extensive knowledge in all areas to be able to advise on this. Thank you for all your amazing continued help you provide to all of us in need. Your service is truly priceless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #227834 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Training

Do an internet search for "courses for welfare rights workers"


Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dollytrigger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 11 months ago #227881 by Mollie
Replied by Mollie on topic Training
I remember seeing on Rightsnet something about a degree on Welfare Rights aimed at people training to be Welfare Rights Officers. The degree is at Staffordshire University. They may do other courses if a degree is not what you want. I only remember it because it is my local university. I hope this helps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.