× Members

PIP Award duration

More
5 years 1 month ago #228006 by Peter
Replied by Peter on topic PIP Award duration
You do not say the age of your son.....but I suspect not an old person...I suppose the DWP do not like to think that a young person will never get better & a lenghthy award for somebody of tender years is depressing for them in a way......like no hope that I will ever improve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228015 by Sassykins
Replied by Sassykins on topic PIP Award duration
Hello Gordon

The severe anxiety has been completely debilitating and has robbed my son of his life. Life has been stressful enough without an appeal, given the enhanced and enhanced award I am loathe to go down this route and whist I feel the duarationnis unfair and nonnreflective, I feel it is likely better to let sleeping dogs lie. There is likely be no physchiatric envolvement in 3 years as my son is refusing to engage with them and be monitored and it has been agreed that the GP will take over, however it should not be taken that a condition that stopped a gifted student going to uni and getting on with life is now changed because he refuses a cpn and physchiatric inout. Will this be a problem at review?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
5 years 1 month ago #228016 by Sassykins
Replied by Sassykins on topic PIP Award duration
Hello Peter

My son is 28 and has had severe problems since 2005. The letter I proved was to support an ESA claim as advised by CPN to claim ESA and PIP, he has never claimed anything before and has been suported and cared for by family, when we went to claim we found out it was now UC and not ESA and decided he could not cope with this as you have to go to Job Centre intially which he cannot manage, also talk to a stranger about his condition would be too distrssing, so we dicided to just go with PIP. I think the 3 years may have come as the supporting letter was worded for ESA.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.