× Members

Esa tribunal and reassessment

More
5 years 1 month ago #227878 by rubyjayden
Esa tribunal and reassessment was created by rubyjayden
Hi Gordon
I would appreciate very much advise, with regards to receiving my tribunal date, this is in relation to appealing my ESA decision May 2018,
(its taken 10 months).

I have received an ESA50 to complete for this year now and that has been posted back to them, I feel they will contact me shortly for a medical assessment , my appeal was regarding being in the support group I am currently in the work related group. I don't see much point in going to tribunal now, they could rule in my favour, or not. but it wont mean they will put in the support group for this year even if I win the appeal.
The only plus side would be a small back payment because I am being paid with the work related activity component (contribution based).
I suffer a lot with anxiety/depression etc etc I am undecided on whether it is worth all the stress of going through an appeal now, I would appreciate any comments, you may have I know how busy you are but would be most grateful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227906 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa tribunal and reassessment
louisey

Ultimately the decision is yours but you should consider the following at the very least;

- Back pay would £300-400
- ESA assessments are taking a long time to be arranged, if your appeal is successful then this is evidence that you could include for your reassessment.
- If you are receiving Contribution Based ESA then this is only payable for 365 days if you are not in the SG, a successful appeal will mean that your ESA will not be stopped and depending on your circumstances may reset the clock to zero if the new assessment placed you in the WRAG again.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.