× Members

P.I.P APPEAL

More
5 years 1 month ago #228066 by Pauline
Replied by Pauline on topic P.I.P APPEAL
Hi Gordon,
Thank-you for your reply, and things are a bit clearer now. I am still not sure about the mobility part as you have mentioned that things that will count against me are trips outside.
Are you saying to score points that someone must be housebound? and that you cannot go on trips outside. I have my physio appointments and I have a pain management clinic appointment soon both of which I drive to so does that go against mobility?

I have all the things I need in my house I have downstairs toilet and rails and like I said moving about the house has been painful since that fall about 5 weeks ago. The thing is if I do not move about the back locks up and the joints stiffen also the muscles in legs will lose all function so I have to make some effort to move around. So am I caught in a vicious circle for attempting to move? I order groceries on-line and get them delivered and family put them away in correct place. I do not go out socially of which I do not mind but occasionally if I try for some fresh air even walking slowly and in pain I feel I have achieved some normality in what is a mundane life, although after a very short walk I come inside again and sit back into that chair and nine times out of ten fall asleep for about two hours. It is not good to sleep like that but I cannot help it because the exertion has tired me out. Do I have to stop doing that for their criteria as I think that is unjustly unfair and goes along way to making people get sicker by the day. Sorry do not want to rant about things but even immediate family feel I try hard not to keep being negative about everything even if things are difficult. If the mobility means we must be completely housebound to score then perhaps I should not appeal. If you can let me just have an answer to that it would be good as i need to post off appeal letter for Monday.
Thank-you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228068 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic P.I.P APPEAL

Pauline wrote: Hi Gordon,
Thank-you for your reply, and things are a bit clearer now. I am still not sure about the mobility part as you have mentioned that things that will count against me are trips outside.
Are you saying to score points that someone must be housebound? and that you cannot go on trips outside. I have my physio appointments and I have a pain management clinic appointment soon both of which I drive to so does that go against mobility?

No, I'm not saying that but I am saying that you cannot score if the reason you cannot go out is a physical one, nor can you score if you don't go out, however, if you have issues like Social Anxiety or Agoraphobia that stop you leaving your house then this should be considered.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.