× Members

ESA Assessment question - URGENT help needed

More
5 years 1 month ago #227915 by Nicki
I sent in my ESA renewal on the ESA50 currently in a support group. it was due by the 11th and I got a call on the 13th asking me if I could go for assessment next day! On the form I stated that I need sufficient time to allow for my sister to come with me as I am unable to attend without support. They then issue a letter on the 13th which arrived on the 18th (yesterday) asking me to attend this Thursday! This is not enough time for my sister to get time of work to support me and she lives 5.5 hours away and needs at least two weeks notice. I have no other friend or family member to support me and an worried before I even try to call them been up most of the night...my mum was taken to hospital yesterday and had an emergency operation and is not in a good way herself as has some major health issues so unable to attend with me. Would it help in anyway trying to speak to a case manager and asking for an ESA113 to be sent to my doctors? Last time (1st claim)my doctors wrote saying I was unfit to attend the ESA ignored this completely and refused twice! I was in fact bed bound at the time. I hoped for a paper assessment on renewal as my circumstances have not changed in fact are worse and this is shown in supporting evidence. I am in receipt of higher rate mobilitiy and daily living on my PIP and this entitles me to the higher rates for ESA. I really could do with speaking to one of your advisors as typing is very painful also never used this forum before so not even sure if I will be able to follow it...Any advice please ..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227922 by Gordon
Nicki

I'm sorry but we cannot deal with members directly, it's the forum or nothing.

Maximus is only required to give you seven days written notice.

You can move this appointment but can only do so once so you need to have a range of dates that your sister can meet.

Is your GP willing to help you to try and get a Paper Based Review?

If they are then you can try contacting Maximus to ask why they are not doing a PBR but it may depend on how well you have explained your problems with completing the ESA activities, your medical evidence may not address this directly and this may not be bridgable by your GP.

Do you know how you qualified for the SG last time?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicki

More
5 years 1 month ago #227953 by Nicki
Hi Gordon

Thank you for your reply, I contacted the ESA and they didnt upload my paperwork until the 13th even tho they will have received it by the due date of the 11th by signed for post, I do know that they can take three days to upload by which time the computer system notes the claimant is late! My re-assessment have now been directed to the top of the pile to deal with so am now hoping for a paper based assessment but not holding out my hopes! I did give full explanation with long detail on how my conditions affect me on a daily basis. To further complicate matter I had also had to move due to financial reasons and have now asked for ground floor room with wheelchair access closer to me, there was no availability showing on the system to guess there is a huge backlog in the meantime they will continue payment. Last time I scored 15 point on mobility which put me in the support group but I did mention regulation 29 and 35. The decision maker on further examination of my evidence decided that one of the descriptor in schedule 3 of ESA Regulations applied to me and has LCWRA under regulation 34 - what ever that is! initially according to the copy of the paperwork I requested from the ESA on the LT54 ESA56 copy, I scored 15 points from the descriptors in schedule 2 of the ESA regulations and therefore had limited capability for work. I hope this can help someone else the wording is a mental minefield to me... ( The above extract is from the paperwork I requested. Many Thanks for your advice

More
5 years 1 month ago #227959 by Gordon
Nicki

It sounds as if you were indeed placed in the SG due to your Mobility, in addition to placing you in the SG, it would also have scored you 15 points.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.