× Members

Has Maximus got it's dates right?

More
5 years 1 month ago #227919 by penthesili
Has Maximus got it's dates right? was created by penthesili
Hi Gordon
I received my 2nd ESA50 on Saturday 2nd March, it had been sent on Thursday 28th February, and on the letter it said that the form and evidence had to be back by Tuesday 2nd April.
My carer pointed this 'longer than the usual 28 days' to me and wondered if it meant that Maximus had got it's dates wrong, or it was a way of tricking claimants into sending the form and evidence back too late? What do you reckon, and has anyone else had this?
regards, Pen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #227929 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Has Maximus got it's dates right?
penthesili

The law only gives claimants four weeks to complete and return the ESA50 so it sounds like an error but not one designed to "trick" claimants.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #227933 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Has Maximus got it's dates right?
many thanks, Gordon. Should I go with the 'legal 28 days or go with Maximus letter dates?
Many thanks, Pen

More
5 years 1 month ago #227936 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Has Maximus got it's dates right?
penthesili

You have a letter that says 2 April so if you need the extra days then I think you are covered but if you can return it within the normal 28 days then I would.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #227937 by penthesili
Replied by penthesili on topic Has Maximus got it's dates right?
Cheers, Gordon. I can only get out once a week with the help of a carer, so I'll be 'burning the midnight oil' to try and get it done with 28 days and gotten off in the post.
Thanks for your advice.
Cheers, Pen

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.