× Members

UC limited capability for work payment?

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #227973 by layla
Hi, I just wondered if you could please tell me when you usually receive your first payment for the limited capability for work and work related activity on UC? I was placed in this group after passing (or more accurately just about managing to jump through the hoops of hell burning hot fire) a.k.a the WCA in February. I received the award letter around the 20th Feb but it hasn't been included in my Universal credit payment for March. I read somewhere it takes a good few months, however they still managed to take all my backdated money they would have owed me from the debts I owe them :( :(

Thanks, Layla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #227983 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC limited capability for work payment?
Layla

You will need to work it out.

So it will be the first pay period, three months after you presented your first Fit Note.

Your pay period is based on when you made your claim and covers the month

So if your pay period is the 1st of the month to the last day of the month and you presented your fit note 11 January then the three months takes you to 11 April and the next pay period will be on 1 May.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: layla

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228052 by layla
Replied by layla on topic UC limited capability for work payment?
Thanks Gordon, sorry could I just ask another quick question, I did read this on the turn2u site but I just wanted to double check I understood it right, if you are already receiving the carers element on UC, you cannot then receive both the carers and the limited capability payment, even if you qualify for both? also if you claim UC as a couple and you both qualify for limited capability for work you would only receive one payment between the both of you, is that right?

Thanks, Layla :)

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228061 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC limited capability for work payment?
layla

There are a couple of rules for UC that affect these payments.

First of all, for the individual, the Carer, LCW and LCWRA elements are classed as overlapping so only the one that pays the most will actually be paid. In practical terms, this should mean that the Carer element is paid in preference to LCW and LCWRA in preference to Carers.

The second issue is that only one person in a couple can receive the LCW or LCWRA elements, again the one that pays the most will actually be paid.

So as an example and subject to eligibility a couple could receive the LCWRA and the Carer element as a maximum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: layla

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228148 by layla
Replied by layla on topic UC limited capability for work payment?
Thank you so much for your advice, I did ask the UC on my account but you either wait ages for them to reply or they reply with 'please check UC.gov as we are not sure' lol

Your site is amazing, great advice and support, keep up the good work!!! x

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.