× Members

pip review and medical records

More
5 years 1 month ago #228007 by buster
pip review and medical records was created by buster
wife has dementia Dwp rang and told me that they have tried three times to get information,from the hospital and the Doctors,so i said i will ring them both so i did,they both told me that they no longer do that,and it not just your wife its a blanket stop for everyone,so what will happen when you go for your assessment now,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228008 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip review and medical records
buster

Things may have changed but my understanding is that GPs are required and indeed paid by the DWP to provide medical input to both ESA and PIP assessment, I don't think this extends to hospital staff.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228010 by buster
Replied by buster on topic pip review and medical records
thanks Gordon, Doctor said the same to busy to do them because they have to many,so what do you think the assessor will do with no information,Because if they have not the relevant expertise that is like driving with your eyes closed

More
5 years 1 month ago #228026 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip review and medical records
buster

What evidence did you send with the form?

Dementia is a declining condition (sorry) so old evidence will put a stake in the ground to how they were, she is likely to to be worse now. What award does she have now?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228028 by neptuno
Replied by neptuno on topic pip review and medical records
Maybe ask for a copy of your patient summary from the Prectice. They are obliged to do this free of charge...and it would at least Be a professional record ?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.