× Members

Ask for new assessment due to a change

More
5 years 1 month ago #228019 by Forgetmenot22
Ask for new assessment due to a change was created by Forgetmenot22
Hi,
Help please
My partner put a claim in for ESA and was found fit for work. We went through the appeal process and the tribunal awarded him the WRAG group. His health has deteriorated and he has several condition one being rheumatoid arthritis affecting multiple joints. He had his first appointment with his work coach today and explained that he wanted to inform Them of a change in his health and also of a new diagnosis. The work coach told my partner that the only way to get reassessed is to apply for a mandatory reconsideration over the tribunals decision to award him WRAG and only has 6 weeks to do so - it’s over 6 weeks since his tribunal date!!
What I am really asking is why he cannot notify of a change in health and new condition.
Any advise would be much appreciated.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228031 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Ask for new assessment due to a change
Shirley

The simple answer is that he can, the advisor is wrong for multiple reasons.

However, a deterioration in his conditions does necessarily mean that he qualifies for the Support Group, have you looked at the SG Descriptors and are you reasonably certain that he now meets at least one of them?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228087 by Forgetmenot22
Replied by Forgetmenot22 on topic Ask for new assessment due to a change
Hi Gordon,
Thanks for confirming that he can notify the ESA of a change. I feel sure he meets the support group in two descriptors - mobility and reaching. Are there any sample letters on this website that I could use to guide me on wording the letter. I have searched but found nothing.
Your help is much appreciated.
Regards
Shirley

More
5 years 1 month ago #228108 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Ask for new assessment due to a change
Shirley

No, but it is a simple letter, he just needs to say that his conditions have deteriorated and that he believes that he now meets the criteria for the Support Group and asks that his claim is reassessed.

If you can afford it send the letter using a Tracked post to the office dealing with his ESA claim and make sure that you keep proof of the delivery. The letter should set the date than any revised award applies from.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Forgetmenot22

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.