× Members

Occasional work and ESA

More
5 years 1 month ago #228022 by gaz111
Occasional work and ESA was created by gaz111
Hello,

I currently receive ESA support group and PIP enhanced care for long standing Mental health problems.

I do not feel I could cope with regular on going work due to my conditions but I would like to try occasional work. Maybe just a few days every few months perhaps.

I saw an ad for occasional work but the problem is the wage would go over the permitted working maximum of £125 ( I think )

My question is what would happen? Would I just lose the ESA for that week if the hours and/or money went over? I’m not talking about on going regular work just occasional. Would I just lose the ESA for that week it would it be stopped altogether forcing me to have to reclaim?

Many thanks,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228037 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Occasional work and ESA
gaz

The general rule is that a claimant is not entitled to ESA is any week that they work unless the earnings are disregarded, as your earnings would exceed the Permitted Work limit they would not be disregarded.

As far as I can see this does not close the ESA claim, just prevents payment.

You must notify the DWP within 30 days of your doing the work.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.