× Members

Home assesment

More
5 years 1 month ago #228075 by Maggs
Home assesment was created by Maggs
Hi could someone please help me I've been told I'm having a home assessment I didn't ask for one they rang and said they would be coming on Monday I have no idea what to expect or how to prepare im so stressed that I'm not sleeping the assessment is for PIP any help would be great thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228094 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Home assesment
Maggs

A home assessment will not be significantly different from one done in their offices, the PIP Claim guide has sections on the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228137 by alisp
Replied by alisp on topic Home assesment
Maggs, if this gets through moderation and you see it in time, all I can suggest, based on having participated in one last summer, is that if possible you have someone else with you who can take notes on what's being asked and what your answers are. Then you will have something to compare against the HP's report if you need to go for a mandatory reconsideration. Always better to be safe rather than sorry!

Also, as soon as appropriate after the assessment, fill in the post-assessment report form which I think is at the end of the B&W PDF - note down how you were feeling, how the assessment was conducted, whether you had any after-effects, and so on. It'll probably take months for your case to be completely dealt with, by which time you may have forgotten these things if you haven't written them down.

Do bear in mind that your home environment is probably less stressful for you than attending a f2f at a centre miles away, and that depending on what your health problems are they may be less obvious to the HP than they would be if you were somewhere else, so you may need to emphasise and explain the effects of your condition a bit more, especially in relation to the descriptors you've claimed. Also remember that the HP may report on anything which happens between his/her arrival and departure, even if you think the assessment is over.

As with exams, I don't think last-minute "swotting" really helps in this case, so please try and relax and not worry too much about it this weekend. If it doesn't go as well as you'd hoped, there's always mandatory reconsideration ...

Carer for a long-term ME/CFS sufferer

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.