× Members

Overpayment letter

More
5 years 1 month ago #228078 by RobynC
Overpayment letter was created by RobynC
Shocked yesterday to get a demand for 2.5K ESA to be repaid!
One year ago I had to attend a phone call where I was told the occupational pension I had taken out should have been declared. The pension was £61 per month. After the phone call they reduced my ESA by approx £25 A month. They said that was it, all sorted.
Now I have a letter saying I didn't declare the pension so have a civil fine of £50 as well as nearly £2.5 K to repay.
The tone of the letter is hostile as though I have been cheating.
Apparently I didn't make a reasonable excuse although being in the support group and having a severe stress disorder affecting mental functioning was explained.
I can't see any way they have got to 2.5 K so I'm going to contact them but wondered if anyone had any extra perspective for me on this. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228097 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Overpayment letter
Robyn

I'm limited on the advice I can give you on the forum for practicality reasons so you might want to consider getting face to face advice from a trained advisor, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

When did the pension start and was this before or after your ESA claim?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.