× Members

When to ring for PIPs

More
5 years 1 month ago #228099 by christine.stocks
When to ring for PIPs was created by christine.stocks
I have just received letter to ring to apply for pips by 15th April. I am away 15th April - 5th May. Is it best to ring now & get form or ring before 15th and wait till I get back to fill in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228114 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic When to ring for PIPs
Chris

Either way, it is going to cause you problems with completing the PIP2 form that is the next stage of the process!

On balance it might be better to leave phoning until just before you go away, you can request an extension to the normal four weeks when you call or when you get back but this won't help if you phone early as I assume you won't be able or won't want to make use of it while you are away.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawn

More
5 years 1 month ago #228136 by alisp
Replied by alisp on topic When to ring for PIPs
I suppose there's nothing to stop you from ("unofficially") downloading the form now and working on your responses, then you won't have so much of a rush when you get back, and will hopefully have been able to give how you qualify plenty of thought. (But if you're going on holiday don't think about it while you're away if you can help it - don't want to ruin the holiday!)

Carer for a long-term ME/CFS sufferer

More
5 years 1 month ago #228160 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic When to ring for PIPs
alisp

There is not PIP2 to download it is not available online.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228425 by christine.stocks
Replied by christine.stocks on topic When to ring for PIPs
Thanks hopefully I won’t. Had decided to ring for form & meanwhile tried to answer questions from ariginal pip’s 1 form + photocopy all my medical letters that I plan to use as evidence.
Also looked at pointers for pip’s from the Benefit & wourk site.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris