× Members

Moving back towards work from ESA Support Group

More
5 years 1 month ago #228134 by ghsjgdhfq
Note to moderator: I clicked submit too early. Please delete previous submission.

I’m currently in ESA Support Group and receive PIP based on mental health issues. Unfortunately living in fear of the brown envelope, UC, and so on has become dangerous for my mental health and I’m now thinking it’s no better than being in an unsuitable job and suffering the health consequences again. It’s getting to the point where the benefits that are supposed to be helping me surivive are making me want to hurt myself.

So my question is what is the gentlest, safest way to move forward without putting my claim in immediate danger and being kicked onto JSA (which historically has been dangerous for me)? I’m thinking I need to gradually start volunteering - maybe 2hrs a week to start with and build up. Is that safe or will they just read it as being “fit for work”?

I’m struggling to understand how I get from here to work without immediately having my money slashed or being railroaded into completely unsuitable work or even sanctioned to death. There must be a path.

This is not a cry for help. I have mental health support and I’m not currently in danger. However none of this medical support or even the CAB seem to be able to tell me how to move forward.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228158 by Gordon
fsdhjafhajkvd

You can do voluntary and what is called Permitted Work without it affecting your benefits providing the work that you do is not at odds with the reasons that you receive those benefits, there's a guide to PW in the ESA area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228805 by ghsjgdhfq
Replied by ghsjgdhfq on topic Moving back towards work from ESA Support Group
Thank you Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris