× Members

Permitted work while on esa

More
5 years 1 month ago #228297 by lacoste1985
Permitted work while on esa was created by lacoste1985
Hi has anyone not realized they had to declare permitted work to dwp? Had it happen to me today via a compliance phone interview. Wondering what the penalty will be as all my earnings have been below threshold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228314 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Permitted work while on esa
S

Providing you have worked within the hours and earnings restrictions, less than 16 hours a week the earnings limit changes each year but is currently £125.50 a week then it's unlikely that the DWP will do any more than tell you off.

However, if you have not been within the limits or they do not consider the work that you are doing meets their definition of PW then you could be asked to pay the ESA back for the period that you have been working. It is very rare for the latter to apply but I have seen it happen.

There is also the issue of whether your doing the PW indicates an improvement in your conditions that you have not reported, this could also lead to an overpayment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.